Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Click on one of the links below to jump directly to the listed section:
- Information Collected
- How the Information Collected is Used
- How Information Is Shared
- Cookies and Third-party Advertisers
- Update Your Account Information
- Links to Other Websites
- How Personal Information Is Protected
- California Residents
- Children’s Privacy
The Talent Network may obtain information about you that you upload to the site or that may be provided by the employer customer whose career and employment opportunities are promoted on this Talent Network. The types of information obtained may include:
- Your Personal Information. You do not have to give the Talent Network any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Talent Network.
- The name and email address of your friends or family members when you ask the Talent Network to email a job posting on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the job posting from you.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on the Talent Network.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity).
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on the Talent Network in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit or that may be included in the information provided by the employer customer.
In addition, when you visit the Talent Network, certain information may be collected by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information collected by automated means may include:
- Information about the devices visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to the Talent Network, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave the Talent Network.
- Dates and times of visits to the Talent Network.
- Information on actions taken on the Talent Network (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses the Talent Network.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach the Talent Network.
How the Information Collected Is Used
The Talent Network may use the information obtained about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Talent Network.
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on the Talent Network.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Talent Network.
- Send job postings to your friends or family members on your behalf.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Enable the employer customer to contact you and deliver marketing and promotional communications to you by email, text message or other means that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities) and to solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications, you may continue to receive transactional and operational emails from the Talent Network.
- Operate, evaluate and improve the Talent Network.
- Analyze and enhance the Talent Network’s marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Talent Network and the jobs viewed or applied to on the Talent Network.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and Talent Network policies
The Talent Network also uses certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Talent Network (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Talent Network. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
When you join the Talent Network or apply for a job through the Talent Network, the employer customer who has hired CareerBuilder to create and operate this Talent Network on its behalf receives your Personal Information and may use your information to contact you directly.
The employer customer for whom we act as a service provider to operate this Talent Network will receive reports that contain non-personally identifiable information about its Talent Network. Non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Talent Network (including your internet protocol address) is used in order to operate, maintain and manage the Talent Network.
Additionally, CareerBuilder may combine certain non-personally identifiable aggregate data about Talent Network users and use such anonymous aggregate data to prepare reports for its users (typically employers or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. For example, an employer may purchase a report from CareerBuilder that states the number of accountants with at least five years’ experience that live within a certain geographic area. All such reports sold only contain aggregate data which cannot be used to identify any individuals.
CareerBuilder does not sell Talent Network users’ Personal Information to anyone for any reason
Personal Information may be shared with service providers who help in the delivery of the Talent Network. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on behalf of the Talent Network or as otherwise required by law.
Specific user information may be disclosed when a determination is made, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of the employer customer, CareerBuilder or other users of the Talent Network.
In addition, Personal Information collected through the Talent Network may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of the employer customer or CareerBuilder.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices and Third Party Advertisers
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
In addition, the employer customer that uses this Talent Network may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employer customers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
The Talent Network does not respond to web browser do not track signals. However, to obtain guidance regarding deleting or disabling cookies, and thereby preventing and limiting the automatic collection of information by such cookies, please click here.
Update Your Account Information
You may access, update and amend some of the Personal Information in the Talent Network at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. Please note, however, that you will not be able to use the Talent Network to delete information that has been uploaded by the employer customer to a separate database. You will need to contact the employer customer directly regarding any such information. The employer customer will have its own privacy policies and your information is subject to those privacy policies.
Links to Other Websites
The Talent Network may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by the employer customer or CareerBuilder. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. The employer customer and CareerBuilder are not responsible for the content of any such sites, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How Personal Information Is Protected
The Talent Network maintains reasonable security procedures and practices, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist in protecting the Personal Information collected against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. The Talent Network cannot guarantee that the security measures in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although committed to protecting your privacy, there is no promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Talent Network, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Talent Network, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Talent Network.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Talent Network account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to the Talent Network. Please note that we will never ask for your Talent Network account user name or password via email. You agree to notify the Talent Network immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
California, USA Residents
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for their use in direct marketing.
California law also permits residents the right to request certain information about how a business collects, uses, discloses and potentially sales personal information. In particular, you may have the right to request the following:
- The categories of your Personal Information that we’ve collected and disclosed to third parties.
- The specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared Personal Information.
- To opt-out of the sale of Personal information.
The Talent Network does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Talent Network. Personal information collected from a child under the age of 16 will be deleted as quickly as possible.